For most individuals who opt for a life insurance plan, it is an integral part of making sure they have some financial security in their lives. Insurance is one of the most widely used security tools on the market. The premiums that these individuals have to pay towards these insurance plans are based on a number of factors. They often include the following factors:
1. Gender of the individual
2. Age of the individual
3. Hobbies of the individual
4. Quality of life of the individual
5. Profession of the individual
6. Medical history of the life assured etc.
Hundreds of people all over the world benefit from different insurance plans. Individuals who belong to various age groups and different walks of life will probably buy life insurance at some point during their lives. The various groups that buy insurance fall under these groups:
a) Single parents
b) Couples married or unmarried with a mortgage or other debts
c) Couples married or unmarried with children
d) Single people with a mortgage or debts etc.
Some of the different kinds of insurance are:
1. Variable life – Individuals can select from a wide range of investment products long with stock funds.
2. Term insurance – This insurance policy includes buying coverage for a particular tenure and for a specific amount. If the individual who has bought this plan dies during the insurance tenure, the beneficiary will receive the value of the policy. This type of investment does not include any investment coupon. The term insurance is the simplest form of the different insurance types available to individuals.
3. Universal life – Individuals who opt for this insurance policy get to decide how much the premium should be. The insurance company selects the investment option for the individuals, which might include bonds or mortgages. The amount of investment along with the return on the investment is deposited in a cash value account. The type of universal life insurance where an individual can select his or her own investment tools is known as a universal variable life plan.
4. Whole life insurance – This type of insurance plan is more or less like the term insurance plan. The only difference is that of the tenure. Due to the prolonged tenure, the premiums remain stable throughout the duration of the policy.
There are many benefits for opting for different types of life insurance plans. These advantages include:
a) The insurance policies secure the future of the spouse and children.
b) These plans can be used to pay for estate taxes and other settlement amounts.
c) The cash value policies are tax deferred, which means individuals will not be required to pay tax against this amount until the time they withdraw funds from the policy.